Tag: Getting Married In Ibiza
With Christmas literally just around the festive corner (I know…how did that happen?!) it feels like an appropriate time to start looking back over the fabulous year that has been 2014 and all of the destination wedding pretty that has graced the online pages of You Mean The World To Me!
First up, for this week’s Friday Five, we take a walk down memory lane together and a look at the features that have been the most popular on the blog this year.
You lovely lot have read these five pages more times than anything else on the blog throughout 2014, so this is your chance to be inspired by reading these top pages again or if you missed them the first time around here’s your opportunity to read through these well-liked web pages for the first time.
Top European Wedding Locations 2014
Shash & Saul ♥ Ibiza, Spain
Photographer: Gypsy Westwood
Ahhh Ibiza, you never fail to disappoint! No matter the location on the island, when you see photographs from an Ibiza wedding they are always breathtaking and literally make you want to hop on the next flight out there.
Shash and Saul tied the knot at the luxurious Atzaro Hotel and Spa and as their love blossomed for the wonderful White Isle, they vowed on their wedding day that they would come back a year later on their anniversary and replicate some of the magic.
And so they did just that! In a romantic anniversary/trash the dress style shoot Shash and Saul walked in their footsteps from the year before. First stop was Atzaro where bright white buildings and turquoise pools are intertwined with rich greenery and blooming bourgainvillea, before the couple headed to the beach for some spectacular sundown shots.
Like most couples who wed on the White Isle, Shash and Saul will not doubt be wanting just one night in Ibiza every year. There’s something so special about the idyllic island of Ibiza that makes you want to keep coming back year after year.
Sam and Johnny Hocking from Wedding Ceremonies Ibiza are not only musicians who can perform during your Ibiza wedding ceremony and at your reception, they also assist UK couples who would like to marry in a church upon the island. A Catholic Church wedding ceremony is the legally binding way for UK couples to marry in Ibiza (one or both of the couple getting married, must already be baptised Catholic).
You Mean The World To Me caught up with Sam to get her top tips for choosing your big day music and to find out a little bit more about getting married in one of the beautiful churches on the magical White Isle.
Ibiza church weddings:
YMTWTM: What assistance do you offer to UK couples looking to marry in a church in Ibiza?
- Sam: “Firstly we provisionally book the date in our diary so that our services are guaranteed on that day. We then book the church on that day when we are allowed to by the parish priest. If the church does not have an English speaking priest then we engage the services of one for the day. Once the church is booked we will send a checklist for everything that the couples need to do their end and we take care of everything this end. No translating of documents is needed as I help with this as well! During the months leading up to the big day I will guide the couples on how to put together their order of service, helping them to choose readings, psalms and music. I arrange a meeting with the priest and rehearse the whole ceremony with the couple and their wedding party before the day. On the day, my husband and I make sure everything runs smoothly and we also supply the live music in the church. The priests prefer that recorded music is not used and we have been doing the music for wedding ceremonies for over 10 years now. After the wedding I will obtain an International Marriage Certificate from the local registry office and this will be sent on to the couples in the UK. This is very important as the marriage liscence that is signed in church stays in the church!”
YMTWTM: How long before the wedding date do couples need to contact you in order to make the church booking?
- Sam: “Most couples get in contact with me a year before to reserve the date with us. Each parish has its own rules about when they will take a booking. Some of the churches will only confirm six months before the date and others can be booked at the end of the summer (September/October). This rule applies to anyone wanting a church ceremony.”
Brought to you by the catering peeps of Eat Ibiza is Elixir; a beautiful beach front wedding location situated on the quiet sandy beach of Cala Codolar on the stunning West Coast of Ibiza, overlooking the sea, the sunset and Es Vedra.
You Mean The World To Me caught up with Vickki – the owner of Elixir – to find out a little bit more about getting married on the beautiful White Isle and all about the new venue.
YMTWTM: How long have you been planning weddings and how did you get started?
- Elixir: “Ten years. I just fell into it really and loved it.”
YMTWTM: What’s your favourite part of the job?
- Elixir: “The variety, excitement and deco….well aside from the food, which is my PASSION!”
YMTWTM: What are the key benefits of having a wedding planner when couples want to get married abroad?
- Elixir: “Speaking the language, experience and it helps you to enjoy the day rather than run it!”
Image: You Mean The World To Me
If you are thinking about getting married in Ibiza, then our Destination Wedding Guide is a great place to start, bringing you all of the inspiration, information and contacts you need to start planning your magical Ibiza wedding.
The untouched beauty of Ibiza with its turquoise waters, secluded coves, secret idyllic beaches, spectacular mountain vistas and rugged pine forests can be found perfectly intertwined with cosmopolitan beach bars, the world’s best clubs, crowd-pleasing sunsets, legendary Balearic beats and an eclectic vintage vibe.
A wedding in Ibiza can be an unforgettable holiday for both you and your guests and it’s the perfect place for a short mini-moon or your honeymoon after your big day.
Almost everyone in Ibiza speaks some English and with a lot of Brits involved in the Ibiza wedding industry, it makes it an easy-going place to arrange a destination wedding.
The chilled-out vibe of Ibiza is a major draw for couples wanting a relaxed affair – one that they can really make their own and add their individual stamp to.