Ainar & Dodi ♥ Tuscany, Italy
Photographer: Neverending Magic
No wonder Tuscany is one of the most popular destination wedding locations in the world. Rich in down-to-earth Italian culture, this relaxed yet indulgent region of Italy offers every wedding style that a wanderlust couple could wish for.
From elegant castles to stunning churches, from exclusive villas to rustic farmhouses, Tuscany delivers Italian charm personified, all wrapped up in breath taking countryside and with a hearty side order of incredible food, vino and world-class hospitality for good measure. Sounds pretty good right?!
Ainar and Dodi having previously visited Tuscany together knew how delightful a destination it was. So when they started their search for neutral ground in which to tie the knot, the beauty and romanticism of this region was an obvious choice.
Historical Villa Barberino, in Meleto played host to their informal yet oh-so-elegant celebration. The couple said ‘I Do’ outside in the glorious sunlit grounds, surrounded by their loved ones before enjoying alfresco dining as the sun set.
The super-talented Tania of Neverending Magic was also on hand to capture the joyful ambience of the day on camera.
Ainar the bride:
“Me and my husband have been into a long-distance relationship for a couple of years. I am from Kazakhstan, Dodi is from Indonesia. We met in Korea while studying there. When we decided to get married the first question was where to organize the ceremony. We decided that it will be fair to choose some third country.”
“We chose Tuscany as a destination for our wedding ceremony because it has always inspired both of us. We grew up in big cities and we wanted something completely different for our wedding. Tuscan rustic charm and countryside details seemed to be a perfect background for a small family gathering. We wanted to create a friendly and relaxed atmosphere for every guest, as many of them travelled from overseas to attend our party.”
“The style of the wedding was ‘countryside romance’. Julia from Zabela Weddings helped us to make our dreams come true. Everything was organised in the best way, from minstrel musicians to a beautiful flower decorations.”
“The weather was nice, so that we could truly enjoy a warm summer afternoon in the Tuscan countryside, surrounded with hills and pines.”
What were the highlights and your favourite memories from the day?
- “Our funny and witty MC travelled from Prague to stay with us and entertain the guests. His jokes and way of communicating with guests were truly memorable.”
- Everything remains in our memory, from the beautiful location to funny jokes of the MC. The food was good, the weather was nice – we are lucky!”
Do you have any advice for couples that are looking to get married abroad?
- “Choose a country where you have already travelled together, so that you will feel comfortable. Try to be relaxed and inspired, no matter where you are getting married – you are doing that, and this is the most important thing. Worry less.”
Would you do anything differently?
- “We wouldn’t change a thing. Or maybe we would have a 2-days celebration!!”
Do you have any wedding budget tips?
- “Choose a wedding date off-season as many venues have nice discounts. Try to find local vendors (photographers, videographers) so that you will avoid spending more on travel costs for them (if you are planning a destination wedding).”
Venue and suppliers: